Frequently Asked Questions
Allport cars has signed up to the Safe Taxi & Private Hire Charter. Allport Cars is a big believer in safety and this is one of our priority's. Below you will find out some of what we are doing to make your journey less stressful and most of all safer.
By whichever means best suits you. Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01227 370370 or 01795 53 24 24.
10:00 – 17:00: Monday to Friday
10:00 – 14:00: Saturday
Sunday - Office Closed - emergency contact only
You can contact us on 01227 370 370/01795 53 24 24 during those hours for queries or bookings.
If a passenger needs to contact the office outside office hours, they can reach us via our out of hours phone message system. Phone either number to be automatically transferred.
Other ways of contacting us:
In addition to our phone service, you can email us on email@example.com; chat with us on our website allportcars.co.uk or message us on Allport Cars’ Facebook page.
We provide a 24-hour transfer service – our cars are available for bookings 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
At the time of booking, we will have taken all relevant flight information from you, which enables us to track your flight and alter our time of arrival if necessary. We don’t want you sitting on a delayed plane and worrying about the rising cost of a waiting taxi. We understand that these things are out of your control and Allport Cars will not charge you extra for being later due to a delayed flight. However, if a flight is diverted to another airport, additional charges will apply.
Call our office and we will make any adjustments necessary to your booking and offer as much support as we can.
In addition to flight information, we will also have taken your mobile phone number at the time of booking. Our despatch system will automatically send you a text confirmation upon booking, email confirmations on request. Your driver will send you a text message shortly after your flight lands which will confirm your meeting point. This also means that you will have your driver’s contact number so that you can let them know if you get delayed in customs, baggage etc… If the driver does not hear from you they will head to the meeting point 40 minutes after the flight has landed.
At the time of drop -off, your Allport Cars drivers will instruct you where the pick-up point is for your return journey. However, we do have standard meeting points for the following airports:
Gatwick North: Marks & Spencer’s Food Hall
Gatwick South: Costa/Moneycorp
Terminal 2: WH Smiths
Terminal 3: WH Smiths
Terminal 4: Middle of Costa Coffee
Terminal 5: Middle of Costa Coffee
London City: Arrival Hall
Zone D Pick up Point (explanation at time of booking)
OR inside Costa with prior arrangement
Drop off/Pick up Point outside
The utmost consideration is given to your requirements to ensure adequate space and optimum comfort on your journey.
Of course, we operate a 24-hour service and no extra charges are incurred for late nights or early morning transfers. Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day are the only days that extra costs are levied on.
We can happily provide a range of seat free of charge, but if you would rather use your own then we are more than happy to store them at no extra charge.
We have a wide range of vehicles including saloons, estates, MPVs and an 8 seater minibus. All have air conditioning, carry safety equipment and hands free telephone equipment.
Yes – our drivers are also extensively vetted prior to employment and licensed by the local authority.
No, we have to comply with government legislation which prohibits this. However, if you want to take a comfort break please ask your driver to stop en-route.
Of course we can. Our expert knowledge of the motorways will help you decide if you need to book more time for the journey or if the roads are likely to be quieter.
Please ask the driver who can issue you with one. If you give your email address to the office at the time of the booking, the system will automatically send you a receipt.
Yes. Due to our popularity we do get booked early. However, we can sometimes accommodate bookings at short notice. If you have any questions regarding our airport transfer service please do not hesitate to contact us.
We would discuss how much luggage you have and advise you on the size of the vehicle. As we have estate cars the boot space can often be configured to accommodate your needs. If you have any questions regarding our airport transfer service please do not hesitate to contact us.
We accept cash and all major credit/debit cards, Apple and Google pay. Please pay the driver on each journey. ALL our driver carry card machines. Should you wish to pay in advance, please liaise with the office.
Below you will find Terms and Conditions of making a booking with Allport Cars:
- Your safety is our priority, ALL passengers must wear seatbelts at all time in any of our vehicles.
- It is illegal to smoke or drink in any of our licensed vehicles. You will not be permitted to travel if you carry out either on a journey.
- Allport Cars give authority to our drivers the option to refuse the consumption of food and drink in any vehicle.
- You MUST pay the driver on each journey by either cash or card by the end of the journey - refusal to pay will result in prosecution.
- The hirer is responsible for all information issued at the time of the booking - you MUST notify the office of any changes that occur or discrepancies in your confirmations.
- Time allowed to the airport/ports is a guidance by Allport Cars, it is the hirer's responsibility to accept or amend.
- It is the hirer's responsibility to let the office know if you have missed your connection flight and booked on another flight, flight is cancelled, before we despatch a driver. Failure to do so will result in 100% charge to be paid.
- It is the hirer's responsibility to turn their mobile device on after landing for the driver to liaise with, the driver will only come into the airport once communication has been met. Car park charges are liable, but our aim is to keep them to a minimum.
- Allport Cars will not be held responsible for failure to preform a contracted journey which is out of its control. There is no guarantee that the vehicle will complete the journey in any given time and Allport Cars shall not be responsible for any inconvenience, which may arise, from any delay, traffic congestion, road accident or breakdown, weather conditions etc.
- All lost property will be kept at the office for collection, should an opportunity arise to get the property to you there will be a charge for the drivers time and mileage.
- Allports reserve the right to use alternative operators to carry out the contracted journey.
- The vehicle allocated will be deemed appropriate size for the hirer's request
- All our cars are big enough to carry one suitcase and hand luggage per person, it is the hirer's responsibility to let Allport Cars know if you are likely to exceed this.
- Cancellations - if the driver has been despatched the hirer will get charged the full 100% of the fare. You can cancel right up until the day before with no charges to be made.
- Allport Cars reserve the right to refuse any hire they deem to be a danger or aggrievance to our drivers.
The terms and conditions set out are subject to amendments and changes at any time.